Recently, commercially produced household cleaners have waned in popularity. Homeowners are returning to safer, more natural alternatives, like vinegars, citrus oils and organic soaps. Vinegar is a versatile byproduct of alcohol production that’s a common cleaning supply and culinary ingredient. There are a number of types of vinegar available, all of which possess unique characteristics and traits.
Distilled white vinegar possesses the highest acidity out of all vinegar types. It’s most commonly used for cleaning. Vinegar is an easy disinfectant that can be used to remove soap scum and stains from bathtubs, kitchen sinks and more. You may be wondering, however, whether all of that acidity in vinegar is really safe for your home’s septic system. Some people may be concerned that the use of too much vinegar could result in the need for septic repair service in Prior Lake, MN.
The fact of the matter, however, is that vinegar is actually gentle and easy on your septic system. In many cases, vinegar is actually easier on your system than commercially produced cleaners, which contain a number of highly corrosive toxic chemicals. Vinegar is a great tool to use when cleaning your home. It can help you stay healthier, and help you keep your septic system healthier as well. Using vinegar won’t force you to prematurely invest in septic pumping in Prior Lake, MN.
Here are just a few ways that you can clean your home with vinegar:
- Microwave: To clean built-up grime from your microwave, heat a bowl of vinegar and water in the microwave for several minutes. Then, open the door and wipe down the interior of the microwave. It’ll be good as new.
- Sink rinse: Rinse out your sink using a vinegar and water solution. This is a great way to remove excess grime, dirt and food scraps from the inside of your sink. It can also be used in bathroom sinks to disinfect the area and remove dirt.
- Coffee makers: Running a pot of vinegar and water through an automatic coffee maker, or inside an electric kettle, can remove built-up mineral deposits that may result from hard water. It can also kill any bacteria that may be living inside your coffee machine.
- Blinds: If you have washable blinds, use a vinegar and water solution to loosen up ground-in dirt before wiping them down. This will allow you to maximize your cleanliness and help you keep your living space spiffy.
- Shower heads: Scrub your shower head with vinegar to remove built-up mineral deposits, soap scum and grime. This will help you maintain water pressure and make for a more pleasant showering experience.
Since 1956, Mike’s Septic and McKinley’s Sewer Services has been one of the most trusted providers of septic pumping in Prior Lake, MN. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality septic services. We can help you design a new septic system, repair your existing system and more. To learn more about our wide range of septic repair services in Prior Lake, MN, reach out to one of our friendly and professional representatives today.