Sure, that little patch of extra-green grass in your backyard might look inviting enough for a special picnic, but the fact is it could be the sign of something a lot more toxic: a septic drain field problem. The green grass tells you that it’s been receiving some extra fertilizer from the septic system beneath it, and that’s not something to celebrate.
If you have this issue, you’ll definitely want to seek out septic pumping in Prior Lake, MN, but there are several other signs that would also indicate an issue with your septic system. Read on to find out more:
- Bad odors: A pretty obvious sign that you have a problem is if you can smell something like rotten eggs during the summer months. This could show that you have raw sewage leaking out from the tank, and that it’s creating toxic sulfur fumes.
- Standing water: Another issue that could be a health hazard is standing water. If you see puddles of standing water near the drain field for your septic system, that means it’s failing, and that water can include dangerous raw sewage.
- Flushing problems: Plungers can often solve problems with toilets that flush slowly or not at all. However, if you’ve tried a plunger and it hasn’t fixed the problem, it could be that the septic tank is full or that the pipes are clogged further down in the septic system.
- Water backups: You might notice something like water backing up when you run your loads of laundry, or you could even see something like sewage backing up into your basement. If you notice this issue, call for help immediately, because it creates a huge mess and a health hazard.
- Slow drains: One slow drain might be due to a simple clog, but if many of the drains are moving slowly in your kitchen or bathroom sinks, or in the bathtub or shower, it could indicate an issue that requires help from the plumbing or septic companies you trust.
- Gurgling sounds: If you notice a gurgling sound when you flush the toilet or run water, it’s usually an indication that your septic tank needs to be pumped as soon as possible.
Any of the signs above should tell you to hire someone right away for septic pumping or septic repair services in Prior Lake, MN. You wouldn’t want to put your home or family at risk of damage or health issues, so make sure to turn to a company that you know will do exceptional work at a fair price. That company should be Mike’s Septic & McKinley Sewer Services, which has served the local community since 1956. Our customer-centered approach means that we provide the best services and ensure that every customer is satisfied with the end result.
For over 60 years, Mike’s Septic & McKinley Sewer Services has provided quality septic services to Prior Lake and the surrounding areas. On top of pumping tanks and repairing systems, we can also design and install the best system for your home or business. Call today to learn more and receive a free estimate.