If you have a toothache, you know you need to call the dentist. If your car stalls, you know you need to contact a mechanic. What about your septic system? What signs indicate you need septic repair in Prior Lake, MN?
Most property owners don’t think much about their septic system until there is a problem. Often, these problems offer smaller warning signs before they become significant issues. To avoid major repairs or system failure, watch for these red flags. When these signs pop up, contact a professional for septic repair in Prior Lake, MN to handle the issue before it gets worse:
- Sewage backups: This one is the most obvious warning sign. If you experience a sewage backup in the house, you need immediate septic repair in Prior Lake, MN. Other signs include washing machine overflows and other backups when using your water supply.
- Extreme slowness: Is your kitchen sink draining slowly? What about the shower? This could indicate a problem with your septic system. Keep in mind before you try to fix the issue that some commercial drain-cleaning products can be bad for your septic system.
- Pooling water: Do you have standing water in your yard? These pools or puddles in your drain field indicate a serious problem with your septic system. At the first sign of pooling, contact a professional for septic repair in Prior Lake, MN.
- Toilet issues: Most people have an occasional toilet flushing issue, but be aware you’re your uncooperative toilet could indicate a problem with your septic system. If the toilet won’t flush or is slow, and a plunger isn’t doing the trick, your septic tank may be full or the pipes might be clogged.
- Interesting sounds: Are your pipes gurgling at you? If you run water or flush the toilet and your pipes talk back, you could have a septic issue on your hands. If these noises occur, contact a professional for septic repair in Prior Lake, MN.
- Color: They say the grass is always greener on the other side, but it’s also greener when you have a septic issue. If you notice one area of the yard is greener than the rest, this is a sign that your septic drain field is failing. As it leaks or overflows, it is fertilizing that portion of your lawn.
- Smells: Do you smell rotten eggs? If the smell is stronger where your septic tank is located, you are probably smelling sewage from your tank. Since the odor has escaped, this means sewage may have, too. Don’t try to live with the smell. Contact a technician for septic repair in Prior Lake, MN to take care of the issue before it worsens. It will not get better on its own.
If you notice any of these warning signs, don’t hesitate to contact a professional for septic repair in Prior Lake, MN. The team at Mike’s Septic & McKinley Sewer Services is ready to assist you with in-depth knowledge and experience in all things septic. We offer a full range of services, including installation, repair, maintenance and inspections. Reach out to our experts today with any questions or to schedule your next service.