Homes and businesses rely heavily on septic systems for waste treatment and drainage, but many people don’t think about their septic system until something goes wrong with it. Unfortunately, by the time you are dealing with a serious issue in your system, it’s too late to address it with minor repairs or maintenance—at this point, you’ll likely need major septic tank service or septic pump repair in Prior Lake, MN. The best way to avoid dealing with expensive repairs or part replacement is to keep up on regular maintenance and pay attention to signs that your system is in need of repair. By identifying small problems with your system, you can prevent them from contributing to a bigger issue:
- Unpleasant smells: One of the most noticeable signs that you might need septic pump repair is the sudden presence of bad odors in the area around your septic tank. If you smell sulfur when you’re outside, it’s possible that your septic tank is full and some waste is escaping. You should make sure to get your system pumped if you have reason to believe that it’s full.
- Drainage problems: Slow draining pipes can be a result of a number of different problems. It’s possible that the issue is a clogged pipe, but if all of the drains in your house seem to be slow, it’s worth it to get your septic system inspected to help determine the source of the issue.
- Backups: If you notice water backing up when you try to flush the toilet or run your washing machine, it’s important that you get help from a professional right away. These backups are often caused by an overloaded septic system and need to be addressed as soon as possible to avoid water damage in your home and more extensive issues with your system.
- Standing water: If you notice that there is standing water in the part of your property where your drain field is located, it’s a sign that your septic system is unable to process waste effectively, and it may be failing. Standing water that accumulates over drain fields can cause harmful runoff and may pose a health risk to you and your family. When you see standing water over your drain field, make sure to steer clear of the area and call experts who specialize in septic pump repair in Prior Lake, MN for help.
- Gurgling pipes: If your sink, toilet or drains are making gurgling noises, there could be an obstruction somewhere in your system. This gurgling may be caused by a simple clog in your drain, or it could be a sign that your septic tank is full and needs to be pumped.
The minute that you notice something wrong with your septic system, give Mike’s Septic & McKinley Sewer Services a call. Since 1956, we have been delivering quality services to residential and commercial customers throughout the area, including drain cleaning, excavation, compliance inspections, septic design and installation and septic pump repair in Prior Lake, MN. We are proud to be a family owned and operated company with a dedication to friendly and professional customer service. Contact us today to make an appointment!