Being on a septic system rather than a shared city sewer system means you are solely responsible for regular tank upkeep and periodic tank pumping. Without this type of maintenance, your septic system will eventually run into major problems, such as sewage backing up into your home, tank leaks and drain clogs. Although there’s a lot you can do as a homeowner or business owner, residential homes and other properties that rely on a septic system to manage waste should leave big maintenance tasks to an experienced and reliable professional. But how do you know you’ve chosen the right person for the job?
To help you make the right decision, here are the top six qualities to look for in a good septic contractor when you need septic system installation or septic maintenance in Prior Lake, MN:
- Knowledge: Regardless of whether a contractor is there to plan a septic design or new installation or perform preventative maintenance on an existing system, a good company will share what they know as they are doing it. After all, you’re the one living with it, so why not learn all you can about your septic system and how to care for it?
- Experience: For the most part, a septic company that’s been in business for a long time will have loads of experience. Septic system owners feel they can trust a company holding several years of experience under their belt, knowing everything from septic tank inspections to repairs. Additionally, septic experts are happy to offer helpful tips on septic system care.
- Reputation: The reputation of any company in any industry is vital both for them and for their potential clients—nobody wants to pay for bad service. Before hiring a septic company, ask your friends, family and neighbors for recommendations. You might also want to look at online reviews and testimonials to see what past and present clients have to say.
- Honesty: Is honesty really the best policy? Yes, it is! Especially when it comes to business, honesty and trustworthiness is key to maintaining long-lasting relationships with clients and maintaining a good reputation. Before starting a job, the best septic contractors will present a written plan for the work they intend to do, as well as a list showing the actual cost of services.
- Fair pricing: Keep in mind that a significantly lower septic service bid can mean low quality work and substandard service—but to be fair, this is not always the case. Gather a few competitive estimates and compare all the services and pricing before making a final decision.
- Customer service skills: If you are seeking a septic company for yearly inspections and tank pumping every one to three years, then you want to find a septic maintenance company you get along with, as well as one that keeps detailed maintenance records.
Whether it’s time for a new septic tank installation or your current system is in need of professional septic maintenance in Prior Lake, MN, rest assured that the team of experts at Mike’s Septic & McKinley Sewer Services will get the job done right. Contact us today to learn more about all our septic and drain services, or to schedule an appointment!