Sometimes, active households require regular visits from a drain cleaner in Prior Lake, MN to prevent future plumbing atrocities. Chemical drain cleaners and household-rated pipe snakes are sometimes not enough to prevent costly repairs. Professional drain cleaning keeps water flowing and costs less in the long run. Here are six ways it saves you money:
- Avoids corrosion: Constantly clogged drains will corrode quicker. The water and waste buildup eventually wears at pipes, and soon you will not only have a slow pipe, but a burst one. If you use chemical drain cleaners, this will occur faster, since these cleaners should be used infrequently and only for the most serious problems. They eventually wear out your pipes. You are always better off hiring a plumber or using a pipe snake over pouring caustic chemicals down the drain in a futile attempt to clear it. Frequent drain clearing reduces your dependence on chemical cleaners and maintains conditions for pipes to last longer.
- Fewer replacement parts: Major clogs and the steps needed to clear them may eventually lead to replacing parts of your plumbing, sewer or septic system. This can add up quickly, especially if the damage is extensive. When you clear drains regularly through hiring professional care, you are less likely to wear out essential parts.
- Reduced labor costs: It is common sense that professional drain cleaning takes less time and effort than fixing a burst pipe, a backflow problem or the latest disaster that manifests as an overflowing toilet. Serious problems increase costs more through the labor required than any new parts. Making a quick and predictable maintenance appointment reduces these expenses substantially.
- Avoids additional service costs: In addition to paying for the plumbing services, some incidents require other service providers. House cleaning, floor and wall restoration, and neutralizing bio-waste are often required after a pipe bursts or a backflow floods a basement. If these services are not covered by your homeowner’s insurance, you will pay dearly. Regular drain maintenance prevents the disasters that demand these services.
- Maintains septic systems: Anyone with a septic system knows it requires special care and maintenance. Chemical drain cleaners kill the essential bacteria that keeps your system functioning and hygienic. If you hire us to clear your drains instead, we will use methods that maintain your septic system rather than threaten it. Clogged drains are much harder on septic systems, too, and regular maintenance removes one contingency that may affect your system.
- Buys time between upgrades or replacement: If you anticipate a plumbing upgrade in an older home, or you know there are areas which require replacement, you can buy time for that job by keeping up on maintenance. Older plumbing is more sensitive to clogs, and you want to avoid chemical drain cleaners to prevent further corrosion. Call us to help you maintain these older drains and you can upgrade or replace when you are ready.
If you need a drain cleaner in Prior Lake, MN for your sewer or septic system, call Mike’s Septic & McKinley Sewer Services today.